It’s Black Friday, and I’m sure you’ve already been bombarded with emails and posts promising deep discounts and sales galore.
We could do that too. I mean, we’ve got terrific deals on puzzle bundles for all of our apps… but then again, we do that all the time. We’re nice like that. =)
And plenty of the companies that have products in this year’s Holiday Puzzly Gift Guide are going all out with discounts today as well.
If you sign up for their newsletter, Puzzometry is offering 21% off their puzzles. Calliope Games (makers of Tsuro and 12 Days and other great games) have great discounts, as do our friends at Penny Dell Puzzles (like their Winter Holiday Fun Pack!).
Don’t worry, we’ll be sharing every offer we find on social media to help you out today as well!
So instead, I thought I’d take this opportunity to discuss some of the new products in this year’s Holiday Puzzly Gift Guide. There were so many cool additions to the guide this year that it’s easy to get overwhelmed.
For instance, not only is there now a digital version of the terrific Crosswords Club puzzle subscription service, but there were tons of new puzzle magazines worth your time!
- USA Today’s Sudoku and Variants Super Challenge
- Doug Peterson and Jeff Chen’s It’s So Easy Crosswords
- Andrews McMeel Publishing’s Pocket Posh Sixy Sudoku Easy to Medium
- Cynthia Morris’s American Acrostics Volume 9: Amazing American Women
- Shawn Marie Simmons’s 25 Word Search Puzzles for Classic Comics Lovers
- USA Today’s Word Fill-In Puzzles Super Challenge
This year we also had a big contingent of UK companies included in the guide. A lot of cool puzzles and games are being developed across the pond these days, and we were happy to include them.
- Pass the Pugs (Winning Moves UK)
- Coaster Games (The Dark Imp)
- Escape Room Advent Calendar (Insync Games)
- Friends Top Trumps and James Bond Top Trumps: Gadgets & Vehicles (Winning Moves UK)
- Cracker Games: The Imp Box (The Dark Imp)
And anyone who has been reading the blog regularly knows there are a few companies that are part of the gift guide every single year. We’ve partnered with our friends at Looney Labs, ThinkFun, Project Genius, and Bananagrams for the better part of a decade now, and we practically couldn’t have a gift guide without their puzzly contributions every year!
- Zendo plus Zendo Expansion Packs (Looney Labs)
- Block Chain (ThinkFun)
- Cold Case: A Story to Die For and Cold Case: A Pinch of Murder (ThinkFun)
- Star Trek: Voyager Fluxx (Looney Labs)
- Caesar’s Codex (Project Genius)
- Star Trek Fluxx: The Archer Expansion and The Porthos Expansion (Looney Labs)
- Minotaur’s Labyrinth (Project Genius)
- Escape the Room: The Cursed Dollhouse (ThinkFun)
- Countaloupe (Bananagrams)
As the lead blogger for PuzzleNation, the gift guide is one of my favorite projects all year. As you’ve no doubt noticed, I absolutely love spreading the word about great puzzles. (It’s what brought me to PuzzleNation in the first place: top-notch puzzling!)
So every year, I also throw a few of my own favorite puzzles and games into the guide. This year was no exception:
- Alice is Missing (Hunters Entertainment)
- Cluebox Escape Rooms in a Box: Davy Jones’ Locker and Schrodinger’s Cat (iDventure)
- Timeline (Zygomatic Games)
So today, take a break from hectic storefronts and packed checkout lines, and just enjoy a scroll through our nice, peaceful gift guide. Hopefully you’ll find something for the puzzlers in your life. And if not, at least there’s no pushing and hollering.
Happy Puzzling, friends and fellow PuzzleNationers!
Treat yourself to some delightful deals on puzzles. You can find them on the Home Screen for Daily POP Crosswords and Daily POP Word Search! Check them out!
Thanks for visiting PuzzleNation Blog today! Be sure to sign up for our newsletter to stay up-to-date on everything PuzzleNation!